Relocating? Check Out Tulsa's Irresistible Advantages
Considering moving to Tulsa, but not sure what life is really like in T-town? Tulsa is a culturally distinct, historic city with a modern vibe that draws newcomers ready to experience diverse job opportunities, exquisite art, live music, and exciting events.
Tulsans share a commitment to preserve their rich history. Art deco lovers delight in the rare treasures Tulsa holds, including Frank Lloyd Wright structures and downtown’s iconic art deco Boston Avenue Methodist Church—a must-see for every Tulsan and their guests. Here are some additional irresistible advantages of Tulsa life you’re sure to love:
1. Art lovers paradise: Philbrook Museum of Art, built on the beautiful estate of Waite and Genevieve Phillips houses more than 8,500 works of art and includes breathtaking, expansive formal gardens to explore outdoors. Visitors enjoy the wonder of colorful flowers, an exquisite gazebo, and reflecting pond bordered by a variety of delicate flowers and ornate shrubs. Tulsa’s Gilcrease Museum houses American art and history, while the Sherwin Miller Museum of Jewish Art draws Tulsans for its rich collection of Jewish art. Tulsa houses the third largest concentration of art deco architecture in the U.S. (only behind New York and Miami) and is covered with architectural treasures you’re sure to love. The Brady Art District boasts a collection of art galleries, as well as a First Friday Art Crawl for art lovers to enjoy each month.
2. Live music for everyone: Tulsans enjoy one of the most thriving live music scenes in the region. The famous, historic Brady Theatre and Cain’s Ballroom (the Carnegie Hall of western swing) continue to host well-known musicians regularly. And the 18,000-seat downtown contemporary BOK Center hosts some of the world’s most celebrated performers. Tulsa Mayfest, as well as nearby Claremore’s Bluegrass and Chili Festival, are some of Tulsa’s favorite music festivals. Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame’s weekly lunchtime Jazzwich sessions, Sunday Concert Series, and weekly Jazz and Blues Jams provide locals a historic place in which to gather and play their instruments together while others stop by to enjoy the endless jazz riffs.
3. Vibrant downtown: A great place to work hard and play even harder, downtown offers something for every taste. Downtown Tulsa’s landscape has been transformed with a scenic urban park, newly renovated buildings, diverse restaurants, thriving businesses, amazing specialty shops, numerous art galleries, and exquisite architectural treasures to enjoy. Its underground tunnels offer tour participants the opportunity to walk under the streets of downtown Tulsa and see ornate buildings with gothic design or art deco architecture built during the oil boom. Go back in time to experience what Tulsa was like in the 1920s and enjoy the famous Mayo Hotel and other Tulsa treasures in beautiful downtown Tulsa.
4. Rich culture: Tulsa Opera, the city’s oldest performing arts organization, and the 12th oldest opera company in the United States, is one of the favorite opera organizations in the region. Tulsa Ballet performs the Nutcracker each December, among other world premier performances year-round for your enjoyment. They not only provide quality professional ballets to enjoy, but they also offer ballet classes for local students. Tulsa’s Signature Symphony, a professional orchestra, primarily performs at Tulsa Community College. The Signature Symphony hosts world-famous guest musicians for you and your family to experience.
5. Refreshing road trips: If you’re looking for weekend getaways for you and your family to enjoy, many local lakes provide a boatload of fun with less than a two-hour drive to the destinations. In spring, summer, and fall, you’re sure to enjoy the beautiful lakes and outdoor opportunities that surround Tulsa. Keystone Lake, Skiatook Lake, Oologah Lake, Lake Tenkiller, Lake Fort Gibson, Grand Lake, and Lake Eufaula provide fishing, boating, hiking, camping, swimming, and great family fun. Some even have cozy cabins with fireplaces waiting for you to enjoy each winter! So if you need weekend fun, spend a few overnight stays at these lakes, and you’ll be refreshed beyond measure.
6. Tulsa parks and bike trails: Unrivaled in the region, Tulsa’s 180 miles of bike trails and paved walking trails hook many a cyclist, jogger, or avid walker into weekend journeys on winding paths through the beautiful city and its suburbs. From downtown to the outskirts, these trails bring great fun to everyone. Each bend boasts new vistas and colorful spring and summer blossoms for your enjoyment. Tulsa also possesses 140 parks, including downtown’s RiverParks with several recreation areas, scenic overlooks, disc golf, and even fishing. Turkey Mountain provides dirt bike riding for adventure enthusiasts desiring hours of fun with fabulous views of the Tulsa skyline. Our contemporary urban park, Guthrie Green, hosts festivals, live music, and plenty of fun for all—right in the heart of downtown.
7. Opportunities for higher education: The University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts University provide private education for many, while the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and Northeastern State University offer quality public higher education in the Tulsa area. Tulsa Tech provides quality technical training, and at Tulsa Community College (TCC), one of the top community colleges in the country, attendees earn two-year associate degrees and a great education.
Tulsa is a historic city with a refreshing ambiance. It’s one of the most affordable cities in which to live in the United States. It offers a fantastic quality of life for people of all ages. Come to see for yourself and learn why so many people love calling Tulsa their home.
If you’re looking for a trustworthy real estate company, McGraw Realtors® agents have 80 years of resources and connections in the greater Tulsa area. As supportive guides, we take your desires, timeline, and goals into consideration as we locate and negotiate the very best home for you.
Avoid the stress of trying to go through the process of buying a home on your own. Instead, work with a team that will help you locate and purchase the perfect home for you and your family. McGraw REALTORS®, your Tulsa realtor® is ready to help you relocate to Tulsa. To get started and find your new home, or to sell your current home, call 918-592-6000 and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.